My body has traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Stick the fork in it's done

Yep, that's it. Summer's over.
How do I know? Because they came out to blow out the underground sprinkling lines today. I always held on to the feeling of summer as long as I thought stuff was still growing.
Those of you who can't imagine the long snows of winter because the one week a year it snows by you (you can't drive), just know that the spring days here are all the more glorious for it. I find that places that don't have winter never really get renewed in the way we're used to.

2 comments:

Bobbe Edmonds said...

Well, we also don't freeze to death, have our pipe burst or get mauled by polar bears. It's that simple.

Now, I realize you prefer "The Igloo Life" to warm days in the sun. But just remember:

Grand Rapids has no bikini contests.

Buzz Smith said...

Time to stack the firewood, get the dogsled ready for the 3 dog nights to come, oh and i forgot to mention locking up the outhouse so the bears don't use them for dens.