My body has traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Muir Woods and Sonoma

Groth Winery in Sonoma, very nice place. A few years back when my wife was in the area on business, an FMA freind (Connie Fidel, student of Sonny Napiel)opened her home and showed her around. Her brother is one of the winemakers at Groth.


Robert Mondavi Winery
San Francisco Bay near Giardelli Square. I counted 6 people swimming laps. That's diehard in October


One of my all time favorite places and one I just had to visit again. Muir Woods National Park. A small pocket of redwoods just a short drive north of the bridge. I could spend hours here. (Except it's actually kinda cold and there was wine to taste.
Due to the low temperatures, lack of constant sunlight and lots of moisture, the moss is phenomenal!
A view from the hills leaving Muir, you can just see the Pacific. Interesting to be driving above the hawks riding the thermals.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great pic's.
I would like to see more.....
Randy

Mike 'Bwana' Blackgrave said...

Sounds like you had a great time bro......I haven't been up that way as of yet, it is on my things to do!

Jay said...

Muir woods is awesome. It felt so great there I came away energized.