My body has traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved

Friday, October 26, 2007

This is how we roll.





Well, it's been almost 7 months now and I still really friggin love my Hummer H3.
Not because of what it says (no one's listening anyway) but because of what it does/is. How it looks doesn't matter that much (though I do like how it looks).
I get 17mpg in daily driving. Even better if there is some highway involved. My wife's V8 Silverado gets that. 19-20 on a trip.
So all the ignorant greenee weenies can kiss my A**.
If they want to be environmentalists, great. I have strong leanings in that respect. But they need to do their homework first. I try to before making a condemnation.
When I went to look for a new vehicle it was because my 185,000 V6 Exploder was making me a nervous wreck and leaving me stranded.
It was time.
So I pretty much had three requirements. 4WD (we live in the sticks and they don't plow the roads that much anymore with the dwindling tax $), 4 doors and room enough in the back seat for my 5'9" son.
That was it, whatever I could get into was fine with me. New, used, lease. I don't care. Oh, and no Fords again (last one was an aberration to that).
Started looking around. Headroom became an unseen factor. Eventually realized that with the interest rates on used, cheaper to go with new.
Well, the car manufacturers push certain segments with more rebates, ect. Nothing avail on that small pickup.
So I was pushed towards a trailblazer. Yeah it was OK but nothing to write a blog about.
Then we realized that the Hummer H3 was in the same range. On a whim we had test driven one for my wife previously.
So I hit up the same salesman and said, "beat the price I got on the Trailblazer and I'll buy one today".
Hell, he beat it by $30 a month!
It's stripped down. All I got was the hitch and the satellite radio. They couldn't find a white one without the radio and now I love it anyway.
Base price? $29K Price as delivered? $30K and change.
Beats the living hell out of all those Suburbans and Exscalades at $45+K.
It has the most supportive seats (great for ingraining my therapy work), unbelievable visibility (much needed with all the cell phones and distracted idiots), a 37ft turning radius (unbelievable) and rides unbelievably smooth.
So I still continually get snooty looks and what not.
Yep, just keep thinking that way. Makes me laugh at their ignorance.


No comments: