My body has traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Netsuke!





Or also known as Shiwan.





So, we made it back from our trip out west. One of the neat things I found in Chinatown were some very cheap Bonsai Netsuke. I've been dabbling in Bonsai for several years now and even have Cole into it. So when I spotted these for like $1 each, how could I resist. Just the sort of unexpected treasure you like on a trip.


So I wasn't planning to post a blog version of a home slide show but Randy reminded me I hadn't posted anything at all so here's a few. I took something like 250 so this will take some time and a few seperate posts.
San Francisco is by far one of my favorite places to visit and very photographic. We stayed out by Fisherman's wharf and while it's a bit touristy, well we were tourists. I think we went back to the Wharf like 10 times it seemed. We took a bit more laid back approach in this visit and let where we did and what we saw unfold.
The first morning we were up bright and early (slept in by Michigan time) and went to North Beach for breakfast (thanks for the tip Cody).














Then a "simple walk up to Coit Tower. (Sorry, being new to Blogger, I thought i could rotate this after uploading but eh..)
We saw quite a few local chinese going through differing forms of Tai Chi at this very early time and I was quite impressed. They're on to something.....

I like to take more than just scenery shots and this grouping of succlents was gorgous. We were struck by the amount of gardening going on in any little spot people could find.

If you're familiar, in the background you'll see Lombard street, "The Cookedist Street in the World" and having driven down it at night, yes it is."

More to come.

No comments: