My body has traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved

Friday, August 15, 2008

Panglao


We headed out of Bohol in the morning for the beach resorts of nearby Panglao Island. Just a small island really. Not at all developed except for some big resorts on the beaches.




And what glorious beaches they are!





You could see the reef not too far off so Cole and his total lack of fear when in the water went free diving and had just way too much fun. Almost more than the tarsier.



Ted and Mary were staying one night on the beach so we abused ourselves of their accomodations and beach before we had to rush off to the pier for our 1PM ferry back to Cebu.



True to form in the PI, since gas prices are now around $6 a gallon for diesel, they cancelled 1/2 their schedules while we were in the jungle and we had to wait around until 4:45 for the last ferry.

May as well have lunch on one of the nearby floating restuarants.




It was pretty good but questionable food as several of us got sick. I'm swearing by the Pepto Cole and I took before everymeal. We never once got sick and yes, I was overly anal about it but fortune favors the prepared. I'm not going through 3 weeks of hot flashes again.
We got back into Cebu around 8PM utterly exhausted but thrilled from the past two days.
Having spent almost all my time in Cebu last trip, I knew what was coming next.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the pic's please keep them coming!
I still can't beleive we were there and it's all over now :(