My body has traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved

Sunday, August 10, 2008

News Break

We interupt you from the current slide show for a short new flash.
The local Holland Sentinel did a nice peice in today's paper.

http://www.hollandsentinel.com/sports/x573703679/Sticking-with-it-Father-son-stick-fighters-compete-in-Philippines

Not a bad article. It did incorectly state that I won a Gold (it was silver). Not surprising because in the interview we barely talked about how I did.

That and I don't think I stated Mushtaq was in his late 60's but you know the media always adds ten years. Neither of our quotes were totally accurate but it's news reporting.
All in all not a bad piece.
We had them come out and film quite a bit of video to put on their site but for some reason it's not posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you did a fine job summing up a wounderful trip and we couldn't ask for better company to be in PI with, thank you Steve and Cole for a fun week!
This makes trip #2 for us and we had a great time on both of them.
Thanks again and we will have to catch up soon......
Randy

Steve Perry said...

I thought Mushtaq was in his late nineties ...