My body has traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Spring has sproing

Finally jumped up to 71 on Friday and I couldn't wait to get home and get shorts on. I'd live baredfeet in shorts if I could. I was several weeks behind with spring prep so had to scramble a bit to get screens up so the house didn't become a sauna (and just 5 weeks ago I thought I'd be ahead of the curve this year). Saturday started out the same until the lightening and thunder rolled in and the temp dropped 20 degrees. That will sure make the grass grow.
Sunday was cooler but dry until rain rolled in again cutting my first outside workout with Mushtaq in five weeks short.
Now it's 70 again and the sun is back out.
The two days of heat made all the Tulips grow like 6 inches and pop open.

Hopefully they slow down and wait for that perennial favorite, "Tulip Time" that starts in a week. I'm heading out of town at the end with a group to meet up with a like minded group of rouges for some fun and play (food too). But I may still partake of a fatball or corndog at TT. After loosing 15lbs, I may even enjoy them guilt free.








Didn't loose a single fish either.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your garden is shaping up quite nice! you should be able to enjoy them more now that your are up walking again.
It is amazing that all of your fish made it though a hard winter.
hopefully you can catch up with your spring chores.

Janet said...

Glad to see you up and about again. Nice flowers:-)