My body has traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Winter Storm part 1 and part 2

We're in the midst of the 2nd 1/2 of the current winter storm. Before I could even get the pics taken and downloaded the 2nd phase came in this morning.
Friday started around 3-4 AM at around 1" per hour. Pretty much every school in the area was closed even those that don't. Thankfully that decreased significantly the number of vehicles on the road for my commute. That still didn't stop some idiot in a Pontiac sunfire from pulling out in front of me. I did push out a guy in a Ford Explored just stuck right in the middle of my road spinning. Strange.
Of course by 3PM the snow had stopped and even though it hadn't been plowed all the fools seemed to think they needed to be out shopping then. Or I should say spinning in parking lots and getting stuck in intersections. People, the reason they cancel school is it's not safe for your kids on the roads. That doesn't make it any safer for you to take your kids to the mall personally.

Mostly it was just a lot of snow coming down in a short period. No big deal once we shovelled out the elderly neighbor's long driveway.


Yesterday was fine and I managed to complete gifts for Mushtaq and Chris for today.
Well they'll have to wait a bit longer and you'll have to wait for pics.
Snow started again around 11PM and this morning dawned with heavy snow and even heavier blowing this morning. Not the brightest thing to be driving to GR. (maybe I should go to the mall!)



Made for and interesting design on the screen door.

I'll just sit here and look out remembering why we call this Snowglobe acres and smelling the venison chili Cole is cooking. Maybe I'll even watch the Lions loose again.




No comments: