My body has traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Very stirring


Stayed up way past midnight to catch what promised to be a monumental acceptance speech.

It was that and more.

I must say McCain gave one of his best speeches. Perhaps if he had campaigned like that....


And when Obama said "the UNITED States of America"....

What a difference the emphasis of one word can make.
But I gotta be honest, all the hype about Obama being African American?
Now I know it's important and monumental. But for me, it was really irrelevant.
He was the candidate I felt best suited for the job (overwhelmingly of course).
For me, it was in his manner, intelligence, the respect he garnered and the plan he shared.
It sort of bothers me that race would overshadow that accomplishment.
It's probably an ignorant view but race was really a non issue (and I think it should be).
But don't get me wrong, I was very moved by all the excitement I saw of what people never thought would happen.
And yeah, I had to get extra caffine this morning.

No comments: