My body has traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved

Friday, November 19, 2010

Demo time

A former coworker I still stay in contact with now does martial arts and is also a pack leader for his local cub scouts. Asked if I would be willing to come in and give them a demo to help expose the kids to new stuff. Sure why not. You never know and it's for good fun.
Cole was coming along to assist but 2hrs before we were scheduled to leave, he dislocated his knee in wrestling practice. More on that after we see the Ortho. Never dull with that boy.

Soo change of plans and more solo demo- ing and my freind had to stand in.

Rather funny beginning. Starting out you can never tell the audience and they were a fairly rambunctious group when I started asking for questions.
But never fear, as soon as a pulled a Cold Steel Barung from the scabbard, I had complete, undivided silent attention!







" See the guy with the camera?' World Champion!
"No way, are you lying to us?" LOLZ




This btw, was a showing of INcorrect, not correct examples. We we want to blend and NOT be there instead (see next pic). This was also a nice segway to the general rule of "I don't want to fight you" and "don't be there".





Now I got your attention!









See, it's just a gardening tool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job Steve!
Speading the word on FMA is always a good thing, you just never know who will be inspired!
Sorry to hear about Cole's misfortune, we all hope he heals quick without any lasting issues.