My body has traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved

Friday, April 16, 2010

Latest Trainers

The PT finally released me from Physical Therapy last week to a home program. A bit over the planned timeline but not out of the norm.
So I can lift what I'm comfortable with (not much right now) and do what I want within reason. Will still be another 6months before I'm back to better than new fighting-wise but that's fine.

So one thing I'm slowly getting back into is making trainers. If you'll notice, in the upper right hand corner is a link to my online album of trainers.

Here is some of the latest work:


Kuku Macan with Leopardwood

Mushtaq's Silat Knife design with Bacote wood





Mushtaq's Silat knife made with Osage Orange. Sustainably harvested from a local tree that had died. Beautiful wood, no?


KABAR TDI rig knife for a local LEO to use as a trainer for his rig carry, Burlwood handle


Bankung sword





1 comment:

Steve Perry said...

Nice.

I have guitar, back and sides of which are made of Osage Orange. It's a great wood, looks good, and has good tonal qualities, too. Almost as good as Brazilian Rosewood.