My body has traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Beautiful Buried Bonsai, Batman!













Attn Steve Perry, THIS is snow.































Since the snowmobile trails here go through the State Game Area, the trails don't open until Jan 1, when the late deer season ends. Since i just spent way too much $$ having one of the sleds tuned up and did some repairs myself, Jan 1 was eagerly anticipated.
Weather guys predicted a heavy snow starting around 10PM New Year's eve. Perfect!
Well, probably not perfect for drunks heading home at 3 AM.
It did start falling around 10PM but didn't really start heavy till much later.

All done we got 8.5" of beautiful powder. No blowing, no ice. Just a nice blanket. No real traffic problems either.

So after a quick breakfast we headed out and hit the trails.
Surprisingly, we were the very first ones on the trails for the year. What an amazing ride to have the trails like they were your own private trails on the back 40.
I let Cole do most of the driving as my shoulder can't steer too well on the larger sled.




My little angel Cole






















3 comments:

Steve Perry said...

Sure, it's snow. But you are all insane, and you live there knowing it's gonna do that. So you know how to deal with it.

It doesn't work that way here. Like watching people in L.A. after the first rain who won't use their brakes on the freeway because, you know, they might skid!

If I wanted snow, I'd a moved to the Dakotas.

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun!!
Watch out i heard that the doe deer season was extended for around 5 more days!
You might want to do a check, it might be only privet property?
Be careful with the shoulder.
Have fun!!!

steve-vh said...

Naw, you'd think we know what to do but time and again I'm stuck on the road behind some fool who shouldn't be out driving but home doing themselves in alone.
Seems like more this year the NWS is putting out more frequent alerts to hopefully stop fools from going out. (of course they'll become numb to them).
I can and I still don't. Why tempt fates, for what?

People are stupid, it's a human condition I hear.