My body has traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved

Monday, August 24, 2009

Inglorious Basterds

DO NOT go see this crap. I wouldn't even pay netflix for it.
While I'll admit I was thrilled at the premise knowing some of the history of the actual men who really did do what it is about, I couldn't have been more disappointed with the film.
We cut training short and took a class trip to go see it as we felt it relevant.
It wasn't. The pacing was all wrong. Many scenes dragged on uncomfortably wrong.
On the other hand, Every Scene Brad Pitt was in, he simply lit up the screen like a searchlight. Unfortuantely that wasn't very often. The acting was really all first rate, expecially the main baddie, Christopher Waltz who was brilliant.
And the cinematography was great.
No, this was the director who reportedly spent 4 yrs writing it and must have only had 5 keys on his old typewriter. Either he needed 4 more years or more acid.
What a waste.
At one point I looked over to see if Chris was sleeping and it was right when he was saying to Mushtaq, "what say we go find old Trantino's house and go kick his ass for this Sh**?"

If you must see it, just watch these trailers and send me your $10. Cause almost all the good stuff is in the trailers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sQhTVz5IjQ
No surprise they disabled embedding, I would too from embarassment.

No comments: