My body has traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved

Monday, June 2, 2008

Boston

It’s no longer needed to even endure 12 weeks of abuse from a vain Brit to become a music star.

Check out Boston’s new lead singer

Tommy DeCarlo of Charlotte, N.C., dreamed of becoming a rock star, listening to his favorite band's albums and memorizing their songs.
"A Boston song would come on and I'd get fired up and I'd start singing it," said DeCarlo, 43, a father of two kids -- Talia, 19, and Tommy Jr., 17.
But dreams didn't pay the bills, so DeCarlo worked as a credit manager at a Home Depot store in Charlotte to support his.
Still, he never gave up singing along to his Boston CDs, and his daughter Talia took notice. She posted a MySpace page of DeCarlo singing karaoke to Boston songs after the band's lead singer, Brad Delp, committed suicide in March 2007. And, in an instant, DeCarlo's whole world turned upside down.
"I wanted to share [the karaoke] with ... other Boston fans," he said.
DeCarlo had to sing with the karaoke track because he had sold his keyboard in 2006, using the extra cash to buy Christmas presents for his children.


Great daughter! And he later said "People tell me I must be living a dream, honestly I never dreamed this big".

Bobbe, I think Air Supply caught you crooning to Bambang on Youtube

and they’re hoping for a comeback.

3 comments:

Steve Perry said...

Well, the real reason he liked them? (Cheap shot coming, stand by:)

'Cause it's not "Air Supply," the real name is ...

"Hair Supply ..."

Net-nanny at me, hey?

Bobbe Edmonds said...

Steve, I'm surprised at you. Shocked, even.

All the complaining and bitching you do at me for taking the easy route, the obvious jibe, the "cheap shot" as you call them.

And here you go, with something so cheap I feel compelled to ask if you need change for it. You got this bastard on sale, marked down, reduced in price, as it were.

It's like I'm doin' the dozens with friggin' K-Mart here. Don't you write for a living?

Steve Perry said...

Okay. Go look on my blog ...